Saturday, October 16, 2010

Burlap Takes the Throne

A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about reupholstering old chairs in a wonderland of colours instead of making another visit to Ikea or Space or what may be your choice for furniture shopping. Here's an idea for a more neutral tone: Burlap. Burlap is the fabric of a gunny sack, just like these.


When I think of gunny sacks, I think of warehouses, rice trickling from a corner of a sack, an earthy smell. Now, I also think of it as the hottest trend in home decor, one that promotes sustainability. The rage gathered from the idea to repurpose used gunny sacks (burlap). Shall we take one of these rustic pieces homes?

Too raw and rugged for my taste but something to consider for a punch of masculine flavour. 
via Cote De Texas

via Surroundings
Maybe softer touches for a sustainable style? I find it balances feminine pieces, like french detailing and especially like them with a few bold coloured stripes.
   
via The Passionate Home










via Elle Decor
Upcycled burlap sure is ranking high on many home decor fans' I-want list. Talk about humble beginnings. 

share a little, or a lot! x

No comments: